1. The epoxy resin adhesive contains various polar groups and highly active epoxy groups, so it has strong adhesion with metal, glass, cement, wood, plastic and other polar materials, especially those with high surface activity. At the same time, the cured epoxy resin also has strong cohesion strength, which leads to high bonding strength.
2. Basically, no low molecular volatiles are produced when the epoxy resin adhesive is cured. The shrinkage volume of adhesive layer is small, about 1% - 2%, which is one of the varieties that its curing shrinkage rate is the smallest among thermosetting resins. After adding fillers, the shrinkage volume can be reduced to less than 0.2%. Besides, the small linear expansion coefficient of the cured epoxy resin results in small internal stress and low influence on bonding strength. In addition, the small creepage of the cured epoxy resin contributes to the high stability of adhesive layer.
3. There are many kinds of epoxy resins (such as high temperature epoxy resin adhesive), curing agents and modifying agents. Through reasonable and ingenious formula designing, the adhesive can be equipped with required manufacturability (such as rapid curing, room temperature curing, low-temperature curing, water curing, low viscosity, high viscosity, etc.) and usability (such as high-temperature resistance, low-temperature resistance, high strength, high flexibility, aging resistance, electric conductivity, magnetic conductivity, heat conduction, etc.)
4. The epoxy resin adhesive has good compatibility and reactivity with a variety of organic compounds (monomers, resins, rubbers) and inorganic compounds (such as fillers), which is easy to copolymerize, crosslink, blend, fill and other modifications to improve the performance of the adhesive layer.
5. The epoxy resin adhesive has good corrosion resistance and dielectric properties. It can resist the corrosion of acid, alkali, salt, solvent and others. Its volume resistivity is 1013-1016 Ω· cm and its dielectric strength is 16-35kv/mm.
6. The general-type epoxy resins, curing agents and additives have many production places, high output and simple preparation. Besides, it can be molded by contact, which can be applied on a large scale.