What is Curing Agent
Curing agent, also known as hardener, curing agent or fixing agent, is a kind of substance or mixture that promotes or controls curing reaction. Resin curing is a process of irreversible change of thermosetting resin through condensation, closed-loop, addition or catalysis. Curing is accomplished by adding curing agent. Curing agent is an indispensable additive, whether as the binders, coatings and castables, otherwise epoxy resin can not be cured. Varieties of curing agents have great influence on the mechanical properties, heat resistance, water resistance and corrosion resistance of the cured products.
Curing agents are classified according to chemical composition
1. Aliphatic amines such as vinyltriamine DETA, aminoethyl piperazine AE
2. Aromatic amines such as m-PDA MPD diaminodiphenylmethane DDM HT-972 DEH-50
3. Amide Amines
4. Latent curable amines
5. Urea substitutes.
- June 5, 2019Three stages of epoxy resin curing agent1. Liquids - Operating timeOperating time (also working time or service life) is a part of curing time. After mixing, the resin/curing agent mixture is still li...view
- June 5, 20191. Reduce the purity of epoxy resin, such as adding other types of epoxy resin.2. Use epoxy resin with low crystallization tendency or without crystallization.3. Storage conditions: Storage temperatur...view
- May 28, 2019Methyl tetrahydrophthalic anhydride (MTHPA, MeTHPA) is a chemical substance that is used in the processing of some materials. Some common curing agents have the use of methyl tetrahydrophthalic anhydr...view
- June 5, 2019Epoxy resin can be said to account for a large proportion in coatings, making products with different characteristics and uses. Epoxy resin has excellent chemical resistance, especially alkali resista...view
- June 5, 2019Almost all epoxy resins have a shelf life of 12 months (from the date of production). In fact, the validity period of epoxy resin adhesive itself is much longer than that of curing agent, even resin c...view
- May 28, 2019First, the performance of MTHPA (MeTHPA):Methyl tetrahydrophthalic anhydride, referred to as MTHPA, MeTHPA, has two isomers, namely 4-methyltetrahydrophthalic anhydride and 3-methyltetrahydrophthalic ...view