What is Curing Agent
Curing agent, also known as hardener, curing agent or fixing agent, is a kind of substance or mixture that promotes or controls curing reaction. Resin curing is a process of irreversible change of thermosetting resin through condensation, closed-loop, addition or catalysis. Curing is accomplished by adding curing agent. Curing agent is an indispensable additive, whether as the binders, coatings and castables, otherwise epoxy resin can not be cured. Varieties of curing agents have great influence on the mechanical properties, heat resistance, water resistance and corrosion resistance of the cured products.
Curing agents are classified according to chemical composition
1. Aliphatic amines such as vinyltriamine DETA, aminoethyl piperazine AE
2. Aromatic amines such as m-PDA MPD diaminodiphenylmethane DDM HT-972 DEH-50
3. Amide Amines
4. Latent curable amines
5. Urea substitutes.
- June 5, 2019The epoxy resin itself is a thermoplastic linear structure. After heating, the solid resin can be softened and melted into a viscous or liquid state. The thermal viscosity of liquid resin decreases. O...view
- June 5, 2019Epoxy resin belongs to an organic chemical, which is suitable for use on the floor when decorating. At the same time, this product has strong corrosion resistance, which is also an electrical insulati...view
- June 5, 2019Almost all epoxy resins have a shelf life of 12 months (from the date of production). In fact, the validity period of epoxy resin adhesive itself is much longer than that of curing agent, even resin c...view
- May 28, 2019Methyl tetrahydrophthalic anhydride (MTHPA, MeTHPA) is a chemical substance that is used in the processing of some materials. Some common curing agents have the use of methyl tetrahydrophthalic anhydr...view
- May 28, 20191. Storage methodKeep the container sealed and store in a cool, dry place to prevent moisture.2. The synthesis methodAdd maleic anhydride to the reaction vessel, heat until it is completely melted, ad...view
- May 28, 2019Methyl tetrahydrophthalic anhydride (MeTHPA, MTHPA) is a new type of liquid organic acid anhydride epoxy resin curing agent with excellent performance. Because the acid anhydride curing agent has bett...view