Epoxy glue, also known as epoxy resin and epoxy resin glue, has various forms of application due to its low price compared to other similar products. As a transparent liquid, epoxy glue can only be solidified by blending with AB. After curing, the product has characteristics such as water resistance, chemical resistance, crystal clear appearance.
1. Various forms. Various resins, curing agents, and modifier systems can almost meet the demands of various applications. It can range from very low viscosity to high melting point solids.
2. Easy curing. With a variety of different curing agents, the epoxy gluesystem can be cured almost in the temperature range from 0 to 180°C.
3. Strong adhesion. The epoxy resin has polar hydroxyl and ether bonds inherent in the molecular chains, which makes it highly adhesive to a variety of substances. The epoxy resin has low shrinkage during curing and produces little internal stress, which also contributes to improving adhesion strength.
4. Low shrinkage. The reaction between the epoxy glue and the curing agent for epoxy resin being used is carried out by direct adducting reactions or by open-loop polymerization of epoxy groups in resin molecules, with no water or other volatile by-products released. Compared to unsaturated polyester resin and phenolic resin, they show very low shrinkage (less than 2%) during the curing process.
5. Mechanical properties. The cured epoxy resin system has excellent mechanical properties.
6. Electrical properties. The cured epoxy resin system is an excellent insulating material with high dielectric properties, surface leakage resistance and arc resistance.
7. Chemical stability. Generally, the epoxy resin system has excellent alkali resistance, acid resistance and solvent resistance after curing. Like other properties of the cured epoxy system, chemical stability depends on the selected resin and curing agent. The proper selection of epoxy resins and curing agents can give them special chemical stability properties.
8. Dimensional stability. The combination of the properties above provides outstanding dimensional stability and durability for the epoxy resin system.
9. Mildew resistance. The cured epoxy system is resistant to most molds and can be used in harsh tropical conditions.