What is Curing Agent
Curing agent, also known as hardener, curing agent or fixing agent, is a kind of substance or mixture that promotes or controls curing reaction. Resin curing is a process of irreversible change of thermosetting resin through condensation, closed-loop, addition or catalysis. Curing is accomplished by adding curing agent. Curing agent is an indispensable additive, whether as the binders, coatings and castables, otherwise epoxy resin can not be cured. Varieties of curing agents have great influence on the mechanical properties, heat resistance, water resistance and corrosion resistance of the cured products.
Curing agents are classified according to chemical composition
1. Aliphatic amines such as vinyltriamine DETA, aminoethyl piperazine AE
2. Aromatic amines such as m-PDA MPD diaminodiphenylmethane DDM HT-972 DEH-50
3. Amide Amines
4. Latent curable amines
5. Urea substitutes.
- May 28, 2019First, the performance of MTHPA (MeTHPA):Methyl tetrahydrophthalic anhydride, referred to as MTHPA, MeTHPA, has two isomers, namely 4-methyltetrahydrophthalic anhydride and 3-methyltetrahydrophthalic ...view
- June 5, 20191. Amine curing agentsW(mass fraction of amine curing agent required for 100 mass fraction resin)/%=(amine equivalent/epoxy equivalent)*100 mass fraction resin=(molecular weight of amine*100 mass frac...view
- June 5, 20191. Reduce the purity of epoxy resin, such as adding other types of epoxy resin.2. Use epoxy resin with low crystallization tendency or without crystallization.3. Storage conditions: Storage temperatur...view
- May 28, 2019Speaking of methyl tetrahydrophthalic anhydride, MTHPA (MeTHPA), everyone would be very strange, but it is often found in our lives, sometimes in the paint used in the renovation of new homes containi...view
- June 5, 2019In autumn and winter when the temperature is low, many customers often encounter such problems when using epoxy resin adhesive: epoxy resin adhesive sometimes becomes turbid and unclear, and partially...view
- June 5, 2019Epoxy resin can be said to account for a large proportion in coatings, making products with different characteristics and uses. Epoxy resin has excellent chemical resistance, especially alkali resista...view