Methyl Tetrahydrophthalic Anhydride Definition
Methyl tetrahydrophthalic anhydride is a chemical substance. It has two isomers, namely 4-methyl tetrahydrophthalic anhydride and 3-methyl tetrahydrophthalic anhydride, with melting points of 65 and 63 degrees Celsius respectively. It is seldom used as solidifying agent alone.
Methyl tetrahydrophthalic anhydride, also known as methyl tetrahydrophthalic anhydride, referred to as MeTHPA, is a liquid mixture of various isomers which are initially isomerized. Molecular weight 166.17. Light yellow transparent oily liquid with relative density of 1.20-1.22. The freezing point is less than 120 degrees Celsius. Boiling point 115-155 degrees Celsius. Viscosity (25 degrees Celsius) 40-80 mPa.s. The refractive index ranges from 1.4960 to 1.4980. The content of anhydride group is more than 40%. The neutralization equivalent is 81-85. Flash points range from 137 to 150 degrees Celsius. Soluble in acetone, ethanol, toluene, etc. It has good stability in air and is not easy to crystallize. Low toxicity, LD502102 mg/kg.
Used as curing agent of epoxy resin, solvent-free paint, laminate, epoxy adhesive, etc. Used as curing agent of epoxy resin, it has excellent properties such as long-term storage at room temperature, low freezing point, low volatility and low toxicity. Widely used in motor, dry-type transformer, high-voltage switch, transformer, line output transformer, household appliances capacitor, power capacitor resistance, IC impregnation, casting and winding, etc.
- June 5, 2019Epoxy anhydride curing agent is a kind of curing agent that must be cured at medium and high temperatures to achieve the required properties. It is characterized by long operation time, low viscosity...view
- June 5, 2019Curing agent refers to a kind of substance which can transform soluble and meltable linear structure polymer compound into insoluble body structure. The acid anhydride curing agent is an important kin...view
- June 5, 2019First, Phthalic acid (PA)Phthalic anhydride is a traditional curing agent, which is still used in a large amount up to now, which is mainly used in the casting of electrical appliances. Phthalic anhyd...view
- June 5, 2019High purity and light color: epoxy resin products with various colors required can be directly prepared or modulated.Low Viscosity: Casting, filling, impregnation process is good. When casting, a larg...view
- June 5, 2019The curing agent of epoxy resin has the chemical reaction with epoxy resin to form a reticulated stereopolymer, which envelops the composite material in the reticulate. A solid additive makes linear r...view
- June 5, 2019It is used for curing agent of epoxy resin, solvent-free paint, laminate, epoxy adhesive, etc. Epoxy resin curing agent has excellent properties such as long-term storage at room temperature, low free...view