How Long does Epoxy Last?
Almost all epoxy resins have a shelf life of 12 months (from the date of production). In fact, the validity period of epoxy resin adhesive itself is much longer than that of curing agent, even resin can be used well within three years from the production plant. But the curing agent will begin to deteriorate significantly after 12 months.
If it is guaranteed that it will not be corrupted, epoxy resin can be used for several decades. If it refers to the yellowing resistance time, it can generally be maintained for 7-8 months outdoors. If it's indoors, it's OK for a year.
- June 5, 20191. Amine curing agentsW(mass fraction of amine curing agent required for 100 mass fraction resin)/%=(amine equivalent/epoxy equivalent)*100 mass fraction resin=(molecular weight of amine*100 mass frac...view
- May 28, 2019Methyl tetrahydrophthalic anhydride (MeTHPA, MTHPA) is a new type of liquid organic acid anhydride epoxy resin curing agent with excellent performance. Because the acid anhydride curing agent has bett...view
- June 5, 20191. Reduce the purity of epoxy resin, such as adding other types of epoxy resin.2. Use epoxy resin with low crystallization tendency or without crystallization.3. Storage conditions: Storage temperatur...view
- May 28, 20191. Storage methodKeep the container sealed and store in a cool, dry place to prevent moisture.2. The synthesis methodAdd maleic anhydride to the reaction vessel, heat until it is completely melted, ad...view
- May 28, 2019Methyl tetrahydrophthalic anhydride (MTHPA, MeTHPA) is used in a wide range of applications. What are the characteristics of methyl tetrahydrophthalic anhydride? What is the scope of the specific use?...view
- June 5, 2019Epoxy resin can be said to account for a large proportion in coatings, making products with different characteristics and uses. Epoxy resin has excellent chemical resistance, especially alkali resista...view